EMSB begins the procurement process for air purifiers
The English Montreal School Board (EMSB) has begun the procurement process for the installation of roughly 800 air purifiers in buildings where mechanical ventilation systems are not in place, with the goal of having all work completed by the end of February. This is the result of an action plan that was undertaken several weeks ago.
EMSB Chairman Joe Ortona said the initial installations will start as soon as possible. Mr. Ortona noted that first, one or more suppliers must be sought via a mutual agreement tendering process, following which a team of electricians must undertake the installation process.
“Our Department of Material Resources will determine the schedule, which is dependent upon the timely delivery of the purifiers,” Mr. Ortona explained. “These are not portable units that you merely plug into a wall. You need to ensure the proper electricity supply and appropriate placement for the safe and efficient operation of the purifiers while minimizing noise levels.”
Here is a list of the 30 school buildings where air purifiers will be installed.
- Bancroft Elementary School, The Plateau, 35
- Carlyle Elementary School, TMR, 22
- Cedarcrest Elementary School, St. Laurent, 20
- Coronation Elementary School, Côte-des-Neiges, 40
- Dunrae Gardens Elementary School, TMR, 23
- Elizabeth Ballantyne Elementary School, Montreal West, 21
- Galileo Adult Education Centre, Montreal North, 10
- Gardenview Elementary School, St. Laurent, 43
- Hampstead Elementary School, 20
- Honoré Mercier Elementary School, St. Leonard, 29
- LaurenHill Academy Senior Campus, St. Laurent 51
- LaurenHill Academy, Junior Campus, St. Laurent, 30
- Marymount Academy International, NDG, 28
- Merton Elementary School. Côte Saint-Luc, 20
- Mountainview Alternative High School, Côte Saint-Luc, 17
- Nesbitt Elementary School, Rosemount, 28
- Options Alternative High School, Ville Émard, 21
- Parkdale Elementary School, St. Laurent, 29
- Perspectives I and II High Schools, St. Michel, 17
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Elementary School, Rosemount, 26
- Roslyn Elementary School, Westmount, 34
- Royal Vale School, NDG, 47
- Royal West Academy, Montreal West, 45
- Sinclair Laird Elementary School, Park Extension, 24
- St. Monica Elementary School, NDG, 25
- Westmount Park South Campus, Ville Émard, 17
- Westmount Park North, Westmount, 22
- Willingdon Elementary School, NDG, 33
- Willingdon Elementary School Senior Campus, NDG, 14
The EMSB Material Resources Department has completed an assessment of all 55 buildings which house schools and adult and vocational education services. It will cost $1.75 million for the purchase, installation and maintenance of these air purifiers for the 30 buildings identified.
About the English Montreal School Board
With a youth and adult sector population of more than 37,000 students, the English Montreal School Board (EMSB) is the largest English public school board in Quebec. Established on July 1, 1998, when the province created new boards along linguistic lines. Our network consists of 77 schools and centres. For more details, visit the EMSB website at ambercharlie.com.